Monday, June 15, 2009

Lace and Flowers

I am continuing to have computer operating difficulties..SO shall I try this post again??
I spent some time Puttering about in the Garden today...made some flower arrangements and ,of course, engaged in lace making! I was recently diagnosed with a Vit D deficiency so I spent time out in the sun without sunscreen. It freaked me out more than a little bit! But I know three 15 minute sessions of sunshine a week should take care of the vit D requirement. I sat on the porch and knitted for 15 minutes. Being outside with all the lovely flowers blooming inspired me to take some flowers inside. Here is my arrangement of fresh sage and roses..smells divine!
flowerkitchen
Here are some more pics of my garden. This is Farmer Bill's potatoe farm under the hedgerows!
farmerbillpotato2
Last year we had a forgotten bag of taters in the basement that flowered into a shrub within the net bag!! Bill planted 'em and "yard taters" were born! We enjoyed our own potatoes last Fall. YOu got to love city folk!! It is the small things in life that thrill us!!
Here is Farmer Lisa's rasberry thicket..you can't tell in the pic..but they are loaded with green berries!! Jam is around the corner!!! My mouth is watering...just imagining the taste of fresh rasberry jam on some warm brie..MMMhhh!!!
farmerlisaraz
The peonies have fully burst into bloom.
peonies
The roses have also blossomed and rise up from the hosta bed in a fury of lacy red blooms!!
roses
And in the herb garden that grows in a low river rock wall..the sage was left to flower into tall purple paintbrushes!
sage

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of your garden and yard. Wow, it is so pretty there. I'd never be inside on a beautiful day like that! and what I can see of your home.. it is very pretty too! You've got natural talent for flower arranging too! But I shouldn't be too amazed... I know you are a talented lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete